Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Lastings Milledge crystal ball





http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/2005/9/6/164143/1213

Lastings Milledge


~Remember this crystal ball was made before Milledge put on all that muscle.. In my opinion Milledge will be better for The Mets, and if he does what I think he will do he won't be traded at all. I don't believe Milledge can hit .368 nothing from his minor league numbers show that he can hit that high. Also I would think Milledge would steal more bases over his career averaging 20+ stolen bases over his career. I think this crystal ball shows that The Mets will give up on Milledge way to quick, and sell him low then he makes The Mets wish they had never traded him.
Overall I thought John did a good job on this, and for my best season Milledge would have I would say...

.329 29 homeruns 118 RBI 32 SB

My favorite part of this was the end to Milledge's career...

AP (Los Angeles, January 5, 2023) Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Lastings Milledge announced his retirement today at age 37. The two-time All-Star outfielder decided on retirement after Dodgers General Manager Matt Stairs told him that the club could not guarantee him a roster spot for 2023. "We would have been happy to have Lastings return on a non-roster basis for spring training," Stairs told USA Today, "but we couldn't guarantee that he'd make the team." "I have no hard feelings," said Milledge, "and I understand the position of the team. But I'm too old to go scrambling for a job anymore. So I thought I'd hang it up." Milledge, who won a batting title with the Colorado Rockies in 2015, says his only regret is not having won a World Series ring. "We came close once with Detroit, but it's the main thing I wish I could have done."

~
stay tuned for a Mike Pelfrey crystal ball over at minorleagueball.com right now they are doing a community project for Pelfrey go over and voice your opinion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muscle doesnt really do anything but maybe a little more power but could slow down a persons swing. This is a pretty optomistic crystal ball and if he has this career as a Met we shouldnt complain.

Anonymous said...

lol this stuff is crazy i mean i guess the stats are cool and at least predictable but the teams?

w/e i love the .368 BA that one yr...i think by the way they're basing his career he looks like a 2 or 3 hitter right?

Anonymous said...

actually looking at it (im the 2nd comment person) i think milledge could do a ton better....i dont think they're giving him enough credit in power or speed...milledge is gonna be a star one day

The Man said...

I guess it depends what kind of offensive players the team he's on has..

For those numbers he could bat anywere from 2nd to 6th

The Man said...

Yeah, I think they went a little high on average, and a little low on Homeruns and Steals.. I don't think Milledge will hit 35+ homeruns or steal 40 bases..

But he should be able to average 25-30 homeruns in his prime.. and steal 25-30 bases to..

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008